but learned again this week:
- Accidentally cracking off a chunk of your tooth kinda hurts and immediately makes you feel anxious, paranoid and kind of depressed.
- Sometimes a little humiliation is the best motivator for getting a project finished. 😳 You know, like when the air conditioning guy comes to your house and tells you he has to go into the attic and you suddenly realize that he’ll have to stand on your sewing table in the hallway to get up there and you remember that you started cleaning up your sewing stuff, but you never finished and your stuff is sitting in piles all over the table and the floor and the nearby counter? You know, that kind of humiliation. “Oh, sorry Mr. Air Conditioning Guy, don’t mind the mess. I’m sorting my sewing area this week. Sorting…you know…present tense. Because I was definitely gonna finish. I mean, who leaves piles of crap like this everywhere?”
- I am tall. And heavy. And I have bad feet. I can NOT wear cute shoes.
- The little boy likes to rip things into tiny pieces. Hey, Grammy and Grandpa Bud, do remember all of those cardboard blocks you assembled on Christmas morning? Yep. Shredded. 😐
- If I buy a new packet of sewing needles every time I reach for one and can’t find it quickly, then I will eventually have enough sewing needles to last 100 lifetimes. And if my mom does the same thing in her sewing years and then she gives all of her sewing stuff to me, then I will have enough needles to last 200 lifetimes. Maybe more. Seriously? What were we thinking? Anybody need some sewing needles? Or elastic? How about some elastic?
- The slim price mint chip ice cream sandwiches are really good. 😀 Really. Good.
- Fear of the knife gets you stabbed by the fork. And sometimes the grapefruit spoon. Grrrr.
- Ribbon makes me happy. Organizing all of it brought me immense joy this week. It also taught me that I never need to buy any gold ribbon again. Ever.
- I actually do like blue cheese.
- I am in denial over the teeny hole in the back of my favorite purple t-shirt.
- I am very interested in the royal wedding, but you would have to pay me an awful lot of money to make me watch it live at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. Seriously? I’m asleep then. I love my DVR.
- While my interest in general cookbooks is waning, my passion for books about chocolate is growing in exponential proportions. Next on my wish/hit list is Small-Batch Baking for Chocolate Lovers by Debby Maugans. I was all set to join the The Good Cook again, but they don’t seem to carry this title anymore. Double drat! Might join anyway…
- Biscuits from a cardboard tube will do in a pinch (like when you break your tooth and don’t want anything crunchy), but then you mostly just want to barf them up and start your food day over. 😐
- When properly fed, the little boy lives in a world of joy, surrounded by interesting shapes and fascinating colors and remarkable sounds. He jumps and squeals and laughs and TALKS and sings and enjoys life more than I ever knew to. He is the cheeriest creature I know.
- Our oldest cat does not do well without us, even for a few nights, even with visiting friends seeing to her needs. Really, it’s flattering, even kind of reassuring to some of my mothering doubts, but I worry about her. She’s old, you know? How many more times can we leave her before her little nervous system just can’t take it anymore? Pretty puddy.
- There is no substitute for a chat with an old friend. Nothing calms, energizes, inspires, challenges, comforts, or fits quite as well.