but learned again this month:
- The Matrix (or one of its sequels) is always on t.v. Always. Always.
- My husband is defenseless against a pan of Rice Krispy treats.
- I am defenseless against a pan of brownies. Especially if it’s this recipe and there is whipped cream in the fridge.
- If I’m kinda hungry when I take my seat in a crowded community theater, embarrassing noises will come from my gut during the quietest parts of the show.
- If I accidentally send an unkind e-mail to the wrong people, those people will be at the same crowded community theater (and probably hear my stomach growling). And when I see them, they will annoy me and make my flight impulse irresistible.
- I’m never going to clean the glass cover on our porch light.
- At least twice a week, I get weepy as I’m driving away from my child’s school in the morning.
- Sometimes, I miss this cranky, old, cloudy-eyed cat:
- Sometimes, I wish we had no cats.
- Burger King has veggie burgers and they’re actually kinda tasty. 🙂
- Kate Gosselin looks beautiful with longer hair.
- The teachers at my son’s school have a great capacity for shocking me. Like today, when one of them told me that my son doesn’t get recess if he doesn’t bring his homework in on Mondays. What? That’s right, my autistic son, a child who thrives on routines and consistency, doesn’t get recess if there is no homework in his backpack…yeah…because he can easily see the relationship between those two things, right? And he can easily communicate that information to me, right? Um, no and no.
- Life is too short for bad doughnuts. Go here instead. Or here or here.
- McDonald’s has bitter, disgusting iced tea that should not be legal to sell, not as a beverage anyway.
- Sometimes I get burned out on Mandarin Dynasty and then, all of the sudden, I can’t stop thinking about the sweet and sour tofu! And the veggie pot stickers. Oh my! You need to go there. I need to go there.
- I think I’m unintentionally writing a food blog. Or maybe I’m just hungry. For doughnuts and Chinese food. Chinese doughnuts?
- Since I’m a vegetarian, maybe I don’t need to keep this title in my cookbook collection: